Saturday 22 November 2014

My Desk.. Explaining myself!

Last Friday I used and idea from Kay @ The Best of Intentions , and today is going to be the same. I haven't run out of ideas, it is just that number 34 on her list worked really well for what I wanted to talk about today.

34. Take a photo of your desk right now and explain yourself.



Yeah I know it is a mess but I do have my reasons! Firstly is that yesterday that desk wasn't even there, it is now the only office furniture I have in my whole room. The sudden addition is because I have bought myself a sewing machine! In the past I have only hand sewn but having a machine has opened up so many more possibilities.

So what does having a sewing machine mean for future blog posts? Well first up is on Sunday I will be posting a list of tips for when you are buying a sewing machine. After that I will also be doing 'how to's' and tutorials. The first won't actually be a proper sewing tutorial, it will be the ribbon wreath which I promised a while back.

But the most exciting part is that by the New Year (hopefully) I'll be setting up my own little craft business selling simple things such as cushion covers to start with and then hopefully progressing to bigger things such as full sized quilts. It is a scary adventure and I want to take you guys along with me! I'll go through how I am planning everything and getting m self organised so I can run the business and the blog and still go to my regular work. Obviously I will be starting small and not expecting to make huge amounts of profit, but I will take each day as it comes.

One promise I have for you is that I will not be purely business focused, Enjoying Today is still going to be an outlet for me and a place to talk about being positive and enjoying life.

I hope you will all support me in this venture with your kind words that you always leave. I have to thank all my readers for their beautiful comments because without their kindness I don't think I would have had the confidence to take the plunge into being a sole trader.

Short but sweet post that announced what it needed to.
Thank you for dropping by as always,
Claudia x

P.S. Sorry If my posts are a little late at the moment, my internet keeps crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment